Friday, April 14, 2017

Procrastination Victories- Minute by Minute

Like I mentioned before in my previous few updates, procrastination is something that affects everyone differently, on many different scales. Also, procrastination is a battle that is gradually won. You can't expect to go from finishing your homework at 12:30 AM on average to finishing 5 minutes after school ends. Improvement comes in increments that are often small, but slowly and steadily, procrastination's effects will gradually become innocuous.

Despite the difference in severities of all the procrastination habits that all of my peer test subjects experience, there is consistent improvement being shown with the new tips. As for myself, taking my phone out of the equation really helps a lot. On average, I can do my homework 90 minutes sooner per day if I don't use my phone. From the data I received from my peers, I could see that the tips seem to affect all of us in a similar fashion aside from one or two exceptions.

Another hurdle that I ran into during this procrastination project was that communication between me and my peers was unclear. I would remind them during school to try some method later that afternoon only to find out the next morning that they had either forgot or done something that I did not intend for them to do. But I found a solution to this problem. I know that in this day and age, teenagers are always on facebook 24/7. So I created a procrastination tips facebook chat as a way to remind my peers what was to be done that day. It worked perfectly.

So far, I have already been able to test and average the results of my negative control and 3 other procrastination tips. In the second half of 20 time project work time, I hope to test 4 more tips so that by the end, I would have compiled a list of 7 useful procrastination combatting methods and how effective they are.

Many of the things that I have been able to find useful within conducting this experiment are highly applicable to my daily life. For example, I try not to touch my phone or food after school until I have finished my homework. It's quite amazing how effective I can work without such distractions. In the coming weeks, I hope to find out more methods to combat procrastination in order to both benefit me and my peers.

No comments:

Post a Comment